27 August 2012

Delicious!

I We made it through the first week of school unscathed and are ready for a new week.  Much of last week's success was due to a spectacular soup.  Soup is a favorite in our house.  Nate likes it because we can make healthy, vegetable-laden vats.  I like it because we can make vats, which lead to leftovers; leftovers make me a very happy lady. 

Needless to say, when I found this beautiful lasagna soup over at A Farmgirl's Dabbles, I was intrigued and knew that it was the perfect soup for a busy week.  Truly, it's so good that you can ignore the fact that you are eating a steaming bowl of soup when it feels like a suana outside.  We made it on Sunday and were more than happy to eat it over and over and over again. 

I'm sure the soup would have been perfect as written.  I'm a tweaker by nature, so we made a few tiny changes.  We only used a pound of sausage and ladled the soup atop a bed of freshly steamed spinach.  There were no bay leaves in the cupboard, thus no bay leaves in the soup.  And we didn't make the "cheesy yum"--not exactly.  A dollop of ricotta and a sprinkle of parmesean gave us the cheesy goodness without an extra bowl to wash.   

No comments:

Post a Comment