09 August 2011

Back to School

It's that time of year again...the start of a new school year!  Ever since I was little, I have loved getting ready to go back to school.  Trips to Office Depot and Target for the purchasing of new pens, notebooks, and folders?  Heaven!  Picking out an outfit for the first day?  Even better!  Now, as a teacher, I love being back in my classroom, decorating the walls, rearranging the desks, and getting everything in order for the students' arrival.  I have been eyeing a new planner at Erin Condren (sigh!) and am anxious to have it in my hands and start planning to my heart's content.

Even with the promise of new supplies and new clothes, this year will be a little different.  Yes, I have already been in my classroom, organizing, arranging, and puttering around.  But, instead of handing out schedules to students at Registration (tomorrow!) and watching them squeal in excitement as they greet their friends and compare their classes, I will be at the hospital.  That's right, it's August 9 and little Henry is being stubborn, just like his mother.  Unless he decides to change his tune in next 12 hours (unlikely), he will be evicted.  This is not what I had planned, but when I'm holding him in my arms tomorrow, I won't care.  And next week, when someone else is greeting my students on the first day, I don't think I'll be likely to care either.  This year will be a little different, maybe even a little better, and my new planner can gather a little bit of dust until October.  Tomorrow I'm having a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment