20 September 2013

Still Standing

I certainly did not plan a lengthy hiatus. Nate looked at the blog last night and I was surprised he remembered that the little space even existed. I was even more surprised to learn that he liked reading the posts as I wrote them and looking back over the old ones. It's a nice memory book for our family, after all.

A quick rewind of the past 3 (or 4...) months:

France
The trip was amazing, beautiful, and perfect, with the exception of wearing slippery sandals at the Louvre, where I managed to fall and slide down a flight of marble stairs. Perhaps a French queen fell down those same stairs many, many years ago. Nice was the highlight, made better with many cornets of salted caramel gelato.


Summer
Fall is here (hooray!), but I'm missing the long, sweet days of summer. I'm also missing how clean our house was for a few (too) short months. We had a lovely week at the beach riding bikes, playing in the water and in the sand, and enjoying uninterrupted time as a family.

Henry's 2nd birthday
The birthday celebration was a quiet affair. We made and ate cake. We played inside and out. Henry sang the birthday song to himself and demanded more cake. It was wonderful.

Henry as a two year old
Henry's just as sweet and loving as ever. He is talking nonstop, asking questions, and singing songs. He loves to go to school and play with his friends and teachers. He likes to eat ice cream and chocolate. He tells his father that the music is too loud. He is definitely my child.

Back to School
I'm six weeks in and feeling appropriately comfortable and tired. Is it Thanksgiving yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment