07 September 2012

Why, yes!

I've always been a bit of a weeper.  I thank my mother for that gift.  If I'm overwhelmingly happy, hello damp eyes!  If I'm too tired or just plain sad, there they are again.  If I'm angry, hurt, scared, worried, I've probably got tears in my eyes to prove it.  Commercials, greeting cards, books, newspaper and magazine articles, students doing well and students doing poorly, Henry taking a step or having the sniffles--any of these can be enough to get the waterworks started. 

So when I read (I can't stay up late enough to watch!) Michelle Obama's speech, yes, I cried.  I don't think it matters what one's political beliefs are, it was a moving speech and she is a genuine and awe-inspiring woman, wife and mother.  And she's beautiful, classy, and fashionable, too! 

She spoke with love: for her country, for her husband, for her children.  Her passionate words affirmed women, in particular our role as mothers.  Bravo and thank you, Mrs. Obama!   
[source]

"Because in the end, more than anything else, that is the story of this country – the story of unwavering hope grounded in unyielding struggle.
And I say all of this tonight not just as First Lady...and not just as a wife.
You see, at the end of the day, my most important title is still "mom-in-chief."
My daughters are still the heart of my heart and the center of my world."
Michelle Obama

No comments:

Post a Comment