09 June 2012

Muffins

Henry loves, loves, loves muffins!  He is definitely my child!  Last week, I made him a batch of basic banana muffins. Yesterday, I made something even better: carrot, zucchini and banana muffins!  These things are practically a meal.  I had seen pin after pin after pin for Toddler Muffins on Pinterest.  The muffins looked tasty, but not quite healthy enough for my little fellow.  It is summer, and zucchini is everywhere.  Why use something from a jar?  And babies are sweet--they don't need that much extra sugar!  So, here's what I did:

1 zucchini, grated
2 carrots, grated
1 banana mashed

1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons Canola oil

1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
cinnamon
ground ginger

I mixed the wet ingredients, added the fruit/veggies, then sprinkled the dry ingredients on top.  After a quick stir to combine everything, I filled 10 greased muffin tins and popped them in the oven (375) for 20 (or was it 25?) minutes.  They turned out to be tasty, though not pretty, little treats, and good enough for me to eat for breakfast, too.    

No comments:

Post a Comment